Field Application Engineer (FAE) - Analog/Mixed-Signal
Do you want to be part of an exciting and dynamic team where you get the chance to work with cutting edge technology? Do you enjoy solving complex problems? Are you looking for a company that places supreme importance on developing the skills and careers of their engineering talent? Our client's engineers thrive on a dynamic, customer-driven, global work environment and gain exceptional exposure to leading edge software and hardware technology.
We are currently seeking an Application Engineer to work with design engineers as well as directly with customers. You will have the opportunity to experience a range of activities, which vary week-to-week and sometimes day-to-day.
- Devise innovative techniques for testing and characterizing leading edge analog, mixed signal and power management (PMIC) devices
Basic Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education Required:
- Design sophisticated analog test interfaces to implement switching, filtering, signal conversion, and other functions
- Write and debug test programs in C/Visual Basic to solve customer's test problems for mixed-signal, logic, and memory applications
- Create demonstration development programs & presentations.
- Identify trends in customer IC development to help guide the development of new products
- Reproduce customer problems for software/hardware engineering to correct, and provide interim solutions to keep our customers' production flowing
- Develop competitive benchmarks to differentiate us from the competition
- Travel to customer sites to support Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Product Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers. Travel requirements may be 25% or greater.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop sales and support strategies
- Attend trade shows as a technical representative.
- Write and present technical papers at professional conferences
The ideal candidate will have at a minimum the following:
- Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 7 + years of ATE experience
- Knowledge of digital and analog test techniques
- Previous customer experience a plus.
- Travel both domestic & internationally if needed
- Knowledge of IG-XL and /or ETS software a plus