FIXED ASSETS ACCOUNTANT
The Fixed Assets Accountant will be responsible for managing the fixed assets (perform all daily, monthly and quarterly accounting functions including crafting CER (project) numbers, coding of assets, monthly depreciation, IT usage fee billings, accelerations, reconciliations, roll-forwards, tax related fixed asset entries), accounting for property, plant and equipment, capitalized costs, project tracking and ad hoc analysis. This includes performance or oversight of the financial close processes, collaboration with key collaborators across North America business functions, and the identification and implementation of improvements in process. This position also supports the Company’s annual financial statement audit requirements.
- Support efficient and effective financial close processes in assigned areas through performance of journal entries, account reconciliations, and analysis of financial results, partnering with North America business divisions as necessary including the following:
- Coordinate Capital Expense policy and generate/analyze reporting regarding project accounting and capital expenditures
- Responsible for accurate fixed asset accounting, including depreciation methods as well as supporting impairment and acceleration analyses.
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes and support external audits by completing assigned analysis and functions, as assigned by department management.
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness by identifying enhancements to processes and systems improvement opportunities, solutions, supervising accounting procedures and proposing automation opportunities.
- Assist management with special assignments, as requested, including research and analysis related to the accounting treatment of proposed transactions.
- Support internal and external audit requests and inquiries by coordinating the completion and/or review of assigned audit support and identifying regulatory and operational changes to accounting policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Must have advanced Excel including VLOOKUP, SUM/IF, Pivot Tables etc.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours during monthly and year-end closings, as well as for special assignments when requested